On 20 March, Employment Solicitor Neelam Afzal ran a free webinar focusing on how to dismiss an employee fairly.
During the webinar, Neelam explained:
- The importance of dismissing an employee fairly
- How employees should be dismissed
- The 5 fair reasons for dismissing an employee
- Practical steps to reduce the risk of unfair dismissal claims
- How to follow a fair procedure
- How to behave reasonably
- How to adhere appropriately to the employment contract
- Avoiding discriminatory dismissals
- ACAS Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance hearings
- What constitutes towards wrongful dismissal
Luckily, if you missed out on the webinar but have a query about dismissing an employee fairly, there is no need to worry.
Below we have included a recording of the webinar along with a 13 point tip sheet to help employers avoid unfair dismissal claims when dismissing an employee.
Dismissing an Employee Fairly: Webinar
Dismissing an Employee Fairly: Tip Sheet